Kindergarten is the second step in child’s educational world. It is the next step after day care. This is the second stage of preparing your child to first grade. After completing kindergarten, your child should know how to read and write, in preparation for grade 1.
What are the benefits of enrolling your children to a kindergarten school?
- In this stage, children will develop their social skills by way of playing with their classmates and with other children.
- Respect and kindness. Interacting with their peers, children will learn how to understand their own feelings and other children’s feelings.
- Another important gain they will have is to learn how to control their feelings and emotions.
- In this part of their educational journey, children developed their literacy. In kindergarten, they will be taught how to read and write and they will be introduced to numbers.
- This will also help in developing their attitude In handling activities and finishing on time. They will be taught how to work with a group.
- Friendliness is a good virtue and learning to be one is a good step, to becoming a good person I the future.
- Going thru kindergarten and doing all the activities provided to them, your child will learn to be flexible. It is a good character of a person, to be able to face difficulties in life.
Steps in choosing a good kindergarten school for your children?
- At this present time, there are many options available for parents to choose from. Don’t rush yourself, carefully examine these individual options.
- Test Scores. Some parents will go for the test scores first, as a first qualification. Test scores will indicate if the schools teaching method is effective or not. Schools having low test results, indicates ineffectiveness of its method of instructions.
- The population. This is also important to consider. Most parents prefer a closer interaction between teachers and students. This is one factor to measure the effectiveness of the teachings of the school.
- Parental Support. In some best schools, parents are encouraged to participate in school activities. This will give teachers more opportunity to understand their students thru their parents. Vise versa, parents will also learn how their children behave at school and how are they being taught in school. Their support is very important to the teachers.
- Schools philosophy. Every school has their own philosophy and made their own policies. It is important to know, if their philosophy coincides with yours. This will ensure that there will be no conflict in the future.
When sending your child to kindergarten in Coorparoo area, it will be easier if you can find one in your neighborhood. This will save you enough time and effort. In case you decide to work, while your child is at school, find a one nearby. It will be easier to just pick up your child, on your way home. This will not only bring new challenges in life, but, this will be an additional income, to help you out financially.
Perhaps you still hesitate … What will you offer him? A classic toy to solicit your imagination or a touch pad to develop your learning? Two specialists help you make the right choice.
Michiel Boonekamp, marketing director of LeapFrog France
“It’s because he’s learning things that a kid keeps playing”
- “For a child, to play is to learn, and it is because he learns things that he continues to play, he discovers the world by exploring and having fun in a natural way. toys, our goal is to encourage him to learn new things because he wants to understand the environment around him, but keeping in mind that not all children are going at the same pace. who plays does not want to be bored, but he does not want to be confronted with failure either, so it is important to adapt the game and the learning to the needs of each one.The fun-educational activities are not better. or less well than a traditional toy.This is another way to approach the game and learning provided you do not abuse: 20 minutes a day on a tablet enough. I am convinced that a child also needs to do nothing. “
Marluce Leitgel-Gille, Clinical Psychologist
“Boredom makes it possible to build one’s imaginary world”
- “Free play allows the child to organize his psychic life and his emotions.It is essential to respect that time for him to build his free play, without judgment.These privileged moments of freedom of creation allow him to to develop conflicts peculiar to his psychological development, such as the oedipal complex. I do not believe that learning is necessarily opposed to play, but by imposing learning in the game, the two are lost. The risk is that the child no longer likes learning, especially at school, and he can not play either because he will not be bored. But being bored allows him to build his imaginary world. I am not against educational games, but parents are reassured: a child, who grows harmoniously, will naturally be attracted to knowledge and wonder about the world around him. No need to anticipate his questions, let’s play them! “
The mountain, that you win ! This may be true for you, but not so obvious for a child. Little game of tracks to help him enjoy his first vacation in the snow.
Snow, a destabilizing element
- The snow slides and sinks. For your toddler, she calls into question an act as simple as the walk he thought he had mastered. This is even more true if he spoke very early, because there is a good chance that he was interested in walking later. A child needs to focus on only one of these two big acquisitions at a time. He exhausts the pleasures and possibilities before moving on to the next. Good talker or champion seed, you have to choose!
Initiation to the joys of snow
- The snow is cold and wet. Not necessarily pleasant! It’s up to you to show him the happiness it can provide. Play together, walk, run in the snow, make snowball battles to discover these new sensations. Do not feel your hands when you plunge them into this carpet all white, it can be scary.
- Encourage him. The fuel that pushes him to go beyond his limits is the emotional. To discover this new world, your child must feel that you are close to him. You must respect what he is able to do and, above all, never force him.
- Help him get started. After a while, suggest him down a slope on a sledge, a plastic bag or even his anorak. Dragging provides different sensations and he must learn how to handle speed, much like riding a bike. Stimulate his desire to excel by encouraging him to go down with his dad under your eyes, necessarily admiring!
Shifting to higher gear, if ready
- The ideal: courses. If you feel like it, write it in a class, preferably a particular one. It can rely on the personality of the monitor, often important element at this age.
- A method adapted to small. From the point of view of psychomotor development, snow plowing is difficult before 8-9 years. Former champion Isabelle Mir has developed a method for children that ignores this technique. Most schools use a small rubber gadget that prevents skis from crossing each other.
- No sticks. All instructors will tell you, they are an additional constraint. It’s better to focus on sliding and release the upper body. As for skis, their height must reach the chin.