The mountain, that you win ! This may be true for you, but not so obvious for a child. Little game of tracks to help him enjoy his first vacation in the snow.
Snow, a destabilizing element
- The snow slides and sinks. For your toddler, she calls into question an act as simple as the walk he thought he had mastered. This is even more true if he spoke very early, because there is a good chance that he was interested in walking later. A child needs to focus on only one of these two big acquisitions at a time. He exhausts the pleasures and possibilities before moving on to the next. Good talker or champion seed, you have to choose!
Initiation to the joys of snow
- The snow is cold and wet. Not necessarily pleasant! It’s up to you to show him the happiness it can provide. Play together, walk, run in the snow, make snowball battles to discover these new sensations. Do not feel your hands when you plunge them into this carpet all white, it can be scary.
- Encourage him. The fuel that pushes him to go beyond his limits is the emotional. To discover this new world, your child must feel that you are close to him. You must respect what he is able to do and, above all, never force him.
- Help him get started. After a while, suggest him down a slope on a sledge, a plastic bag or even his anorak. Dragging provides different sensations and he must learn how to handle speed, much like riding a bike. Stimulate his desire to excel by encouraging him to go down with his dad under your eyes, necessarily admiring!
Shifting to higher gear, if ready
- The ideal: courses. If you feel like it, write it in a class, preferably a particular one. It can rely on the personality of the monitor, often important element at this age.
- A method adapted to small. From the point of view of psychomotor development, snow plowing is difficult before 8-9 years. Former champion Isabelle Mir has developed a method for children that ignores this technique. Most schools use a small rubber gadget that prevents skis from crossing each other.
- No sticks. All instructors will tell you, they are an additional constraint. It’s better to focus on sliding and release the upper body. As for skis, their height must reach the chin.